The exhibition “My Free Country” takes visitors on a journey through 100 years, from the birth of the Republic of Estonia to the modern day.
You can go through eight rooms presenting an overview of the important events of the era through the displayed artefacts, texts and design of each room. Read more here.It is possible to choose from two types of guided tours.
1. Short tour.
Guide tour that tells the story of the birth of the Republic of Estonia up to the modern age through significant items and events. The tour includes short introduction of the Maarjamäe Palace.
- The duration of the guided tour is 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Price in English, Russian and Finnish: 50 euros
2. A full-length guided tour that includes introduction of the palace. This guided tour gives an overview of the path to independence, how it was built, lost and found again. The journey starts in 1905 and ends in the future – at Neuronal Landscapes by the artists Varvara and Mari. Important events and choices made are shown through memory fragments, artefacts, film clips and the mood of the exhibition rooms.
- The duration of the guided tour is approx. 1.5 hours.
- Price in English, Russian and Finnish 55 euros.