Avaleht > Visiting

GREAT GUILD HALL

Pikk 17, Tallinn


GREAT GUILD HALL

Pikk 17, Tallinn

Welcome to the Great Guild Hall – enjoy a modern museum environment, exhibitions, educational programmes and workshops. The Estonian History Museum’s building has been awarded the European Heritage Label.

The medieval Great Guild Hall is located in Tallinn’s Old Town near the Town Hall Square.

Phone: (+372) 6968 693

Tickets: (+372) 6968 690

post(at)ajaloomuuseum.ee

 

If you are interested in history or are doing research, we welcome you to the extensive collections of the Estonian History Museum. You can explore the collections of archaeology, numismatics, seals, glass and porcelain Monday to Friday 9–17, 14 Lai Street (entrance in Börsi passage). Please give us advance notice of your intention to visit. To contact collections managers, go to the RESEARCH section of the Estonian History Museum website.

 

ORGANIZING EVENTS AT THE GREAT GUILD HALL

Information and booking: Aime Tahvonen, aime.tahvonen(at)ajaloomuuseum.ee, phone 696 8693

 

TICKET PRICES

 

Adult: 5 €

Concession (senior citizens 65+, students, schoolchildren, ISIC, ITIC and IYTC card holders): 3 €

Family ticket (two adults and children): 9 €

Combined ticket (Great Guild Hall + Maarjamäe Palace, valid 7 days): 7 €

Group ticket (per person): 4 €
Group ticket (per pupil): 2 €

 

FREE ADMISSION

Children up to 8 years inclusive

Disabled children up to 16 years inclusive and their carers. Severely disabled people 16 years and over and their carers.

Employees of Estonian museums

ICOM and ICOMOS members


Tallinn Card

FREE ADMISSION

Last Thursday of the month

International Museum Day, 18 May

 

GUIDED TOURS IN GREAT GUILD HALL

Guided tours in foreign languages (up to 25 people): 40 €

Guided tour in Estonian (up to 25 people) 19 €

Admission will be added to the price of the guided tour!

Group admission (per person): 4 €

Group admission for students (per pupil): 2 €

 

The guided tour takes about 1.5 hours. Please order guided tours 5 days in advance.

Information and booking: Aime Tahvonen, phone (+372) 6968 693 or by e-mail aime.tahvonen(at)ajaloomuuseum.ee

 

OPENING HOURS

OPEN

Daily 10-18 (1 May - 30 Sep)

Thu-Tue 10-18 (1 Oct - 30 Apr)

 

CLOSED

Wednesdays (1 Oct-30 Apr) and public holidays, except 24 February and 20 August

Read more...
 

Maarjamäe palace

Pirita tee 56, Tallinn

Read more...
 

Maarjamäe stable

Pirita tee 56, Tallinn


Maarjamäe stable

Pirita tee 66, Tallinn

Welcome to the Estonian History Museum stables – take part in the exhibition “CASTLES AND PAWNS. The German Occupation of Estonia 1941–1944”, educational programmes and workshops.

The Maarjamäe palace and Stables of the Estonian History Museum are located 4 km from the city centre. The ensemble can be reached by buses 1, 5, 8, 34A and 38 (bus stop: Maarjamägi).

The stables are wheelchair accessible.

 

Postal address: Pirita tee 56
10127 Tallinn

Phone: (+372) 6 968 660

Tickets: (+372) 6 968 662

post(at)ajaloomuuseum.ee

 

ORGANIZING EVENTS AT THE STABLES

Information and booking: Liina Põldla, liina.poldla(at)ajaloomuuseum.ee, phone: 6968 660

 

TICKET PRICES

Adult: 3 €

Concession (senior citizens 65+, students, schoolchildren, ISIC, ITIC and IYTC card holders): 2 €

Family ticket (two adults and children): 5 €

Combined ticket (Stables + Maarjamäe palace, valid 7 days): 6 €

Group ticket (per person): 2.50 €
Group ticket (per pupil): 1.50 €

 

FREE ENTRY

Children up to 8 years inclusive

Disabled children up to 16 years inclusive and their carers. Severely disabled people 16 years and over and their carers.

Employees of Estonian museums

ICOM and ICOMOS members

Tallinn Card

 

FREE ADMISSION

Last Thursday of the month

International Museum Day, 18 May

 

GUIDED TOURS FOR THE EXHIBITION “CASTLES AND PAWNS” AT THE STABLES

NB! The admission fee to the museum will be added to the cost of the tour.

Guided tours in Estonian (group size up to 25 people): 19 €

Guided tours in foreign languages (group size up to 25 people): 40 €

 

Group ticket (per person): 2.5 €

Group ticket (per pupil): 1.5 €

 

The excursion lasts about 1.5 hours. Please book your excursion at least seven days in advance.

Informatison and booking:

Liina Põldla, the administrator, phone (+372) 6968 660 or email liina.poldla(at)ajaloomuuseum.ee

 

OPENING HOURS

OPEN

Wed–Sun 10–18

CLOSED

Mon, Tue and public holidays, except 24 February and 20 August

 

The Maarjamäe palace and Stables of the Estonian History Museum are located 4 km from the city centre. The ensemble can be reached by buses 1, 5, 8, 34A and 38 (bus stop: Maarjamägi).

The stables are wheelchair accessible.

 

 

Read more...
 


EXHIBITIONS

  • CASTLES AND PAWNS. GERMAN OCCUPATION OF ESTONIA 1941–1944

    The stables building at the Estonian History Museum Maarjamäe Palace is open to the public from 4 December 2014. The renovated historic stables building is a new exhibition and educational environment for the museum. The Estonian History Museum’s conservation laboratories are located in

  • CHILDREN AND WAR: 1941–1944

    On 15 May 2015 the joint exhibition by the Estonian History Museum and Tartu Toy Museum “Children and War: 1941–1944” opens at the Great Guild Hall of the Estonian History Museum (Pikk 17, Tallinn).

  • SPIRIT OF SURVIVAL. 11,000 YEARS OF ESTONIAN HISTORY

      On 28 May 2011, the Estonian History Museum reopened the Great Guild Hall to visitors with a new permanent exhibition "Spirit of Survival –

  • THE FACE OF HISTORY

    Can history have a face? Who are the people behind the face? This was contemplated by ten different Estonian artists invited by the Estonian History Museum. In September 2011, an outdoor exhibition entitled The Face of History was opened in the courtyard of the Great G

EXHIBITIONS AT THE MAARJAMÄE STABLES

  • CASTLES AND PAWNS. GERMAN OCCUPATION OF ESTONIA 1941–1944

    The stables building at the Estonian History Museum Maarjamäe Palace is open to the public from 4 December 2014. The renovated historic stables building is a new exhibition and educational environment for the museum. The Estonian History Museum’s conservation laboratories are located in

EXHIBITIONS AT THE GREAT GUILD HALL

  • CHILDREN AND WAR: 1941–1944

    On 15 May 2015 the joint exhibition by the Estonian History Museum and Tartu Toy Museum “Children and War: 1941–1944” opens at the Great Guild Hall of the Estonian History Museum (Pikk 17, Tallinn).

  • SPIRIT OF SURVIVAL. 11,000 YEARS OF ESTONIAN HISTORY

      On 28 May 2011, the Estonian History Museum reopened the Great Guild Hall to visitors with a new permanent exhibition "Spirit of Survival –

  • THE FACE OF HISTORY

    Can history have a face? Who are the people behind the face? This was contemplated by ten different Estonian artists invited by the Estonian History Museum. In September 2011, an outdoor exhibition entitled The Face of History was opened in the courtyard of the Great G

EXHIBITIONS AT THE MAARJAMÄE PALACE